Combo Contents: 1 Cellpro Dual PowerLab 8x2 Battery Workstation, 2 MPA-XH (Multi-Port Safe Parallel Adapters for JST XH equipped battery packs), 2 MPA-to-PL interconnect cables. This combo will allow safe parallel charging of up to six, 2s-8s, same-cell-count LiPo battery packs at one time on each channel. No other adapters or cables are required for operating the Dual PowerLab 8x2 Battery Workstation. To interface the Dual PowerLab 8x2 with a Windows PC, you will require the FUIM3 PC USB Interface, available separately. Please note, in order to use the MPA with the PowerLab series, you must set the PowerLab to XH WIRING MODE either at the PowerLab directly or via the Charge Control Software. For more details, Click here to view product specifications and download Charge Control Software to your PC.
*Note - the new Dual PowerLab 8x2 with EC5-equipped input cables includes a one foot long, 12AWG input wire terminating with an EC5, female pin connector on each channel. Revolectrix also has an available 2 foot long plier clip assembly to support the new version of the Dual PowerLab 8x2. The available cable has the mating EC5 male pin connector-to-plier clips for connecting to a car battery or power supply. Look for this accessory further down on the store page of the web site.
Weight: 4.55 kg
- Selectable charge rates range 10mA to 40A per channel
- Continuous maximum output power rating, 1344W @ +39.53VDC input voltage, 408W @ +12VDC input voltage
- Using +40VDC to +48VDC input, 1344W output will deliver full current rating (40A) over the full range of output voltage up to 33.6V
- Smart power management allows customer to select between programmable input power sources. Using the Charge Control Software (CCS), choose from several templates to get you in the ballpark, then fine tune the settings. Available settings include power supply input current limit, input low voltage limit, regenerative discharge rate and voltage limit. Dual PowerLab stores 1 set-up for Power Supply per channel and 1 set-up for Battery per channel and asks for verification one time on start-up
- Dual PowerLab does not support charging through node wires only
- Initiate charge, discharge, monitor, and multiple cycles at the DPL or via remote control from the CCS. Graph all major operations when using CCS. When using both channels, launch separate instances of the CCS within Windows.
- Open Architecture presets allow for customization of any User Preset including show/hide presets on unit, preset name editing, up to 100 parameters control how presets are displayed and charging/discharge/cycling parameter associated with particular batteries and/or charging strategies. Unit includes 25 user preset banks pre-loaded for most major battery type/chemistries, plus 50 library presets.
- 0.1mohm voltage resolution allows accurate four point internal resistance measurement of each cell
- Environmentally friendly, regenerative discharge capability of up to 1344W. Unlike traditional methods of discharge, which deplete the output battery's energy in the form of heat across a transistor, regenerative discharge takes most of that energy and puts it back into the input battery. In other words, when you discharge your LiPo for storage, you will be re-charging your Lead Acid input battery. The total amount of power that you can achieve is limited only by the amount of current that your input battery can accept, or 1344W, whichever is lower.
- Dual PowerLab is also equipped with a traditional, 95W internal discharge capability which is non-regenerative
- High speed, high quality 50mm cooling fan (one per channel)
- Over-sized internal heat sink
- Twin (per channel) 12AWG silicon input power cables with EC5 connectors
- Sendust core toroid capable of 40A continuous input current requirement for maximum output specifications
- Supports Cellpro (FMA) and JST-XH wiring modes
- Adapters available for all popular R/C battery brands
- One 2 line, 16 character backlit LCD per channel
- Available opto-isolated PC interface and free Charge Control Software (CCS)
- Intuitive 4 button user interface per channel
- Sleek and attractive high-impact ABS enclosure designed for maximum airflow efficiency
- Sturdy Aluminum top panel with reliable, recessed tactile buttons
- Quick "preset over-ride access" to common charging parameters like setting charge and discharge current and operational modes of charge / discharge / monitor / cycle(s)
- Additional advanced options menu for adjusting in-depth charging parameters and global options at the unit
- GUI PC software (CCS) allows access to 25 User Presets and 50 Library Presets per channel stored in the unit or available in unlimited number on the P.C. When using both channels, launch two independent instances of the CCS
- Free and reliable firmware updates for the life of the product using the CCS. Firmware updates accomplished on each channel independently.
- Automatic Low voltage restore for recovering damaged or overdischarged packs
- Programmable options allow speaker ON/OFF or volume, LCD contrast, customized welcome screen, and much more
- Cold weather mode reduces end-charge voltage; parameters adjustable by customer including ON/OFF, end-charge voltage offset reduction, and temperature
- Expansion Channel mode whereby one DPL primary (master channel 1) can control the expansion channel 2, send over preset information, control all aspects of charging and balancing. This feature is perfect for charging multiple packs of same chemistry and capacity using multiple devices such as split packs connected in series during operation all at unbelievable rates.
- Auto charge mode available utilizing advanced fuel gauging technology
- Customizable fuel table lookup values based on presets. Fuel tables can be created using a Fuel Table Wizard in the CCS and applied to individual battery brands by presets for improved accuracy
- Industry's first Safe Parallel adapters available to maximize available power potential. P.C. software supports up to 9 packs in parallel per channel depending on adapters used. The DPL supports parallel, charge, discharge, cycle, or monitor on each channel. Adapters are peripheral products, available separately, or included as a part of DPL combos
* Please note: all specifications and features listed above subject to change without notice.
For Battery types: Lithium Polymer (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Ion (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Manganese (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), A123 (LiFePO4) (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 9s unbalanced), NiCd (1s to 21s), NiMH (1s to 21s), 6v, 12v, 24v Lead Acid batteries (Flooded, Gel, AGM, SLA)
Input Voltage: Each channel may be operated on separate power supplies using 110V/15A isolated circuits for best results. Additionally both channels may be operated on one power supply provided packs on each channel are isolated.
Pack capacity: 20 mAh to 360Ah
Input voltage: 10-48VDC, reverse polarity protected
Input current: 1A to 40A, software limited
Power conversion: Synchronous DC/DC converter, supports multiple switcher frequencies of 31.25 kHz, 62.5 kHz, 125 kHz; user selectable by preset, 85% to 93% efficiency depending on output current
Output battery charge current: Adjustable range 10mA to 40A, limited by 40A input current*
Output battery discharge current: Internal discharge 10mA to 10A, 95W max Regenerative discharge 10mA to 40A, 1344W max**
Continuous max output power: 408W @ +12VDC input, 1344W @ +39.53VDC
Cell balancing: Resolution 78uV (16 bit) for 1s-8s Li or A123 (LiFePO4) balanced charging
Voltage calibration: Cell voltage measurements are factory calibrated to a standard traceable to NIST; calibration is to +/- 6 mV
Current calibration: Charge current is factory calibrated on a 4A standard; calibration is to +/- 1mA
Voltage resolution: 78uV (16 bit)
Voltage tolerance: +/- 6mV
Charge current: +/- 1%
Capacity added to pack: +/- 1%
Percent capacity (“Fuel”): +/- 5% (with accurate fuel table defined for battery being charged)
Serial data output: 19.2kbps, 8 bits, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit, no parity
Data integrity: Checksum, CRC checking
Cooling fans: 13 CFM, 50mm diameter
Heat sink: Internal 120W aluminum, thin finned
Output battery connector: “Cellpro” compatible, JST PA series, 9 position
LCD: 2 line, 16 character, light grey/blue backlit
Size: 10.24 in. (260mm) L x 5.55 in. (141mm) W x 3.08 in. (77mm) H
* Please note, for safety reasons, available charger current may be limited for certain battery types and/or charging modes, e.g., non-balanced charge of Li
** Please check bullet number 9 in the section titled “Major Features” (Features tab) for a detailed description of Regenerative Discharge
Revolectrix continues the PowerLab tradition of excellence with the new Dual PowerLab 8x2. With completely independent dual channel operation, this monster boasts 1344W of output power per channel for a total of 2688W all told! This kind of power coupled with the extremely user-friendly and popular PowerLab interface, and features no one else in the industry can touch, like our PC compatible Charge Control Software (CCS) put this unit squarely at the top of the food chain and all for a price that might surprise you.
The Cellpro Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2 Battery Workstation directly supports all Cellpro Revolectrix battery packs using the default FMA wiring mode (interconnection requires purchase of the available basic Cellpro PowerLab adapter PN (CP8S-PA8S or CP8S-PA8S-US). FMA sells adapters separately to interface with various manufacturer's batteries, including the safe parallel adapters which can be daisy-chained to allow simultaneous, safe parallel charge of multiple packs or our MPA, which is likely the safest parallel board on the market. To learn more about adapters, click here to view the Adapters page. Click here to view a pictorial diagram of Cellpro battery standard wiring conventions. To learn more about the PowerLab and Cellpro philosophies in general, continue reading...
But power means little without other key features of SAFETY, RELIABILITY, FLEXIBILITY, and INTUITIVE OPERATION; the key elements that are painstakingly crafted into the Cellpro product line. The competition will come along with powerful chargers after we lead, but they will have trouble harnessing this power.
From the massive, over-sized heat sink, to the high speed, high quality 50mm cooling fans...From the 40A, 1344W (@ 24VDC/50A input) synchronous charging circuitry, to the 1344W capable "regenerative discharge" capability (see details below)...
Everything about this all-inclusive battery management system screams EXCESSIVE.
Do not be scared off by the claims of this advertisement by thinking this is too much charger for you. This may be the safest, simplest charger you will ever use. That's because it's a Cellpro, and being a Cellpro, that means you can not make a mistake when you use it. It simply will not let you. The charger will never let you charge a LiPo by selecting the wrong cell count. It knows how many cells are connected by monitoring charge voltage on each cell in the pack individually. It performs an entire series of tests to make sure the battery is hooked up correctly to the charger before it ever even starts to charge, checking for valid voltages on each cell, reverse polarity conditions, reversed node wiring to name a few. It constantly monitors the total pack voltage and compares that to the sum of the individual cells. It can not and will not ever charge a single lithium cell above the proper end-of-charge voltage, and because it is a Cellpro, it assures you of the most accurate, laboratory quality readings at all times. Every single Cellpro charger is factory calibrated using custom test equipment developed by the engineering team at FMA in the United States. Furthermore, if a pack has been over-discharged, it will automatically enter low-voltage restore mode. It will reduce charge voltage during cold weather to extend battery life; all parameters associated with this feature can be adjusted by the customer. Even though batteries in general, and especially lithium batteries, represent a volatile potential, the Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2 reduces the risks associated with maintaining any size battery, any chemistry by magnitudes over other brands. Safety has always been at the forefront of all FMA charger designs. Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2 represents the next phase in the evolution of safety.
Take top-notch components capable of handling all of the stresses associated with super-high power, high voltage operation; things like an over-sized heat sink, extra-heavy 12AWG input wire, high speed, high quality 50mm cooling fans and a sendust core toroid inductor to handle higher input current and combine these with stable firmware/software that is thoroughly tested in-house and with outside beta testing, and what you get is a new standard in reliability. We don't like getting chargers back from the field for any reason. That's why we've gone the extra mile on the PowerLab series.
No, the new Cellpro Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2 is not just another charger on the block. In fact, it is not just another charger at all. It is an all-encompassing, dual, independent channel battery management and analysis tool. It is compact, powerful, and easy to use. Combining this kind of performance with the ability to autonomously cycle batteries, graphing all aspects of charge and discharge at the cell level (using the free Charge Control Software) and over multiple cycles provides you with key information about any chemistry battery you might have. Plus, now, for the first time, charge, discharge, and evaluate different chemistry and/or cell count batteries simultaneously on the same PowerLab Battery Workstation. As well it will tell you the quality of your battery by monitoring and graphing internal resistance at the cell level; more accurately and faster than ever. It will maximize the health of your batteries and it will quite possibly re-juvinate batteries you thought were beyond repair. It will do all of this faster and more accurately than other chargers by means of the industry's highest (and adjustable) power balancing current available. After all, what good is 40A of potential charger current if you back it up with spindly balance current? But most importantly, through the type of data the DPL can provide, it will tell you if you are safe to fly with your battery.
And when we say flexible, we mean it. Simply by calling up the appropriate User Preset, it's EASY to go from charging or cycling something like 40AH, 8s worth of batteries at 40A continuous output in a little over 1 hour, to a 20mAh, 1s LiPo at 10mA.
So you don't have a 12v, 500W or a 39.53v, 1700W power supply lying around? Not many people do. With smart power management in the DPL, it's easy to limit the unit's input current to match what you do have for each channel independently. This innovative feature has been standard on Cellpro chargers for years but has been vastly expanded in the PowerLab series. It is now possible to create 2 unique and custom Input Power Source profiles. Using the CCS, begin with a template and adjust parameters to meet your needs. Or enter the appropriate parameters right at the unit. Then easily choose between "Battery" or "Power Supply" input each time (and one time) before you start to use the DPL. Now, thanks to the new 4 button, intuitive interface and high capacity microcontroller in the Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2, adjusting power limiting at the CCS or at the DPL just got a whole lot easier. Also, the Dual PowerLab sports independent input cables for each channel making it a cinch to maximize output power levels without taxing available AC circuits. It is possible to achieve the unit's full output power per channel using standard, 110VAC, 15A circuits simply by powering each channel using separate AC circuits. Separate input cables makes that easier to configure.
But perhaps one of the coolest new features makes PowerLab the "greenest" battery management system on the planet. Environmentally friendly, regenerative discharge capability of up to 1344W per channel. Unlike traditional methods of discharge, which deplete the output battery's energy in the form of heat across a transistor, regenerative discharge takes most of that energy and puts it back into the input battery. In other words, when you discharge your LiPo for storage, you will be re-charging your Lead Acid input battery. The total amount of power that you can achieve is limited only by the amount of current that your input battery can accept, or 1344W, whichever is lower. Regenerative discharge is an optional feature. Turn it on when you need the highest power discharge. Turn it off and use standard internal discharge of up to 95W per channel if you choose.
The original Cellpro 4s introduced the whole idea of a super-safe, super-simple charger with power balancing built right into the charger. The Cellpro 10s expanded on this theme enabling customers to do two batteries simultaneously. It also introduced the concept of two-way P.C. communication opening up new doors into customization at the customer level, not just in terms of printing graphs, creating or modifying presets or charger settings, but in streamlined and 100% reliable firmware updates. Cellpro Multi4 took these concepts and extended them to multi-chemistry batteries and open architecture presets, fully customizable with some 80 adjustable parameters. Still, the chargers are easy to use and fool-proof. That's what we hear day after day from happy customers around the world. Sure, they are rich in features, but designed to be simple to use and simple to understand. Cellpro Dual PowerLab (DPL) 8x2 is the epitome of the Cellpro philosophy. Its basic operation is patterned after the Multi4, so if you have one of those, you will instantly be familiar with the unit's User Interface, as well as the free Charge Control Software (CCS). But the PowerLab series sports a totally new 4 button interface for accessing information. Let's face it, with 4 buttons, it's just easier to use. You requested it. We gave it to you. When REVOLECTRIX says "Designed by You", that's what we mean.